"They need to sit down with sensible people, not those that Mike Ashley put around him in the past. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Yasir Al-Rumayyan, a close associate of Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman, will become new chairman – with his powerful friend also backing the Magpies’ takeover. The Toon are on the brink of being bought by a Saudi consortium in a £300million deal. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here. Former Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan has accused Mike Ashley of running the club 'from another planet' ahead of their crucial final day match with West Ham. Kevin Keegan could make a sensational return to Newcastle for a fourth time once Mike Ashley has sold the club, according to reports. Kevin Keegan awarded £2m for constructive dismissal by Newcastle • Keegan had claimed £25m but will receive only a fraction • Tribunal verdict binding on … But his sensational return would spark a new era at the club. John Carver's side need to match Hull City's result, against Manchester United, if they are to preserve their Premier League status after a disastrous slump in form. During that period, the Magpies finished as runners-up in the Premier League in both the 1995/96 and 1996/97 seasons - losing out by a narrow margin on each occasion to Manchester United. he told BBC Sport. Incredible. After gaining promotion to the Premier League for the 1993/94 season, United became one of the leading forces in the top flight, with a fearless attacking style seeing the team dubbed the Entertainers during the 1990s. Create a commenting name to join the debate, There are no Independent Premium comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts, There are no comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts. "It will be a nerve-jangling day and their fans don't deserve it. It allows our most engaged readers to debate the big issues, share their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and more. Please continue to respect all commenters and create constructive debates. Following the deal’s completion, the Saudi consortium will own 80 per cent of the club – with Staveley and the Reuben brothers evenly splitting the remaining 20 per cent. Please be respectful when making a comment and adhere to our Community Guidelines. Joseph Kevin Keegan, OBE (born 14 February 1951) is an English former football player and manager. Keegan, 69, is considered a hero on Tyneside having enjoyed two hugely successful seasons there as a player before returning as manager in 1992. View our online Press Pack. becoming the richest owners in world football with a fortune of £320billion. Headed by financier Amanda Staveley, Newcastle are likely to undergo a huge transformation both on and off the field. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Turn off News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services.