To the south is the fertile plain (Jehir 'Akrabeh). In 1863, Guérin found the village to have 300 inhabitants, almost all "Schismatic Greek" families, about 40 Catholic and the rest Muslims. Han ligg strategisk til mellom Ebal og Gerisim, og er det administrative senteret i Nablus guvernement og eit palestinsk senter for handel og kultur. In 1907, the Rosary sisterhood arrived in Nablus and Rafidia to serve the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem and assist the priest in the service of the church by visiting the families and teaching children. Rafidia or Rafidiya (Arabic: رفيديا) is a neighborhood in the western part of the Palestinian city of Nablus. " It was noted as being in the Jurat 'Amra district, south of Nablus. [dubious – discuss], By the late 8th century, Shihâb al-Dïn Ahmad al-Aqrabànï, a follower of the noted jurist al Shafi, lived and was buried there in 180 AH/796-7 CE. This city conjures up a vivid picture of the heart of Palestine.  There are currently three Palestinian Christian families and a Muslim one, although Christians number only over 700. Some also depend on agriculture and industrial workshops as main sources of income. , In 1863 Victor Guérin found it to have 500 inhabitants. In 1596, the population consisted of 806 Muslim households, 20 Samaritan households, 18 Christian households, and 15 Jewish households. Four or five houses remain unlet, but the original te… However, the villagers claimed that the houses had been there for a century. , In 1863, Victor Guérin found it to have a population of one thousand inhabitants. , According to Applied Research Institute–Jerusalem since 1967, Israel has confiscated 1,425 dunums of Aqraba and Yanun's land for use for settlements, Israeli Military bases and for the Wall Zone. The villagers paid a fixed tax-rate of 33,3 % on agricultural products, including wheat, barley, summer crops, olive trees, goats and/or beehives, in addition to occasional revenues and a press for olive oil or grape syrup; a total of 2,000 akçe. It was a separate village until it was merged into the municipality in 1966. , In 1873-4 Clermont-Ganneau visited, and was told of the governor el Kadery, who resided in Aqraba at the time of Jezzar Pasha. Posters picturing martyrs, those who have died in the struggle against Israel, hang regularly on street corners alongside the Palestinian flag. ", In the 1922 census of Palestine conducted by the British Mandate authorities, Tel had a population of 567 Muslims, increasing in the 1931 census to 803 Muslims, in 209 houses. Subsequently, Palestinian welfare organisations rented most of the houses in the Samaritan neighbourhood in Nablus. the population, respectively. 1300 CE. Municipality type D in Nablus, State of Palestine. , In the 1922 census of Palestine conducted by the British Mandate authorities, Rafidia had a population of 438; 111 Muslims and 307 Christians, where the Christians were 206 Orthodox, 44 Roman Catholics, 1 Melkite and 56 Church of England. , Since the Six-Day War in 1967, the town has been under Israeli occupation.