It is also a place where many come for rest, retreat and study. I have even completed my National 4 Childcare course while in fifth year – one day a week at college - and am continuing with my National 5 in sixth year. I eventually want to go on and complete my HND. “I had a wee idea that I wanted to do Childcare courses and then while I was doing the SCOTS programme one of the Care, Health and Sport Department’s lecturers told me about psychology and knew in an instant I wanted to do that. The results demonstrate the considerable impact that the programme is having on pupils who had the potential to join the NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training) Group upon leaving school. A remarkable 99% of the 104 pupils who undertook the pilot School-College Opportunities to Succeed (SCOTS) Programme in 2013/14 have now progressed to college, training or employment or remained at school to contimue their studies. The Scots College Brighton Preparatory School, located in the historic Primrose House at Dolls Point, becomes a part of Australia’s oldest and most respected schools for boys. You can find more and how to manage & delete cookies we place on your device in our cookie policy. "The SCOTS course has created opportunities for our young people that were not there before and having opportunities to try out different courses first has helped them make informed decisions.". Find out about our history and our daily life today. In addition, all 107 pupils on the programme during 2014/15 successfully completed it with current figures showing 97% of students have progressed to a positive destination pending further information on the remaining 3%. Maryville College’s Doug Whitten was named the USA South Athletic Conference Decade Rookie Golfer of the Week on Monday afternoon. It opens their eyes to the opportunities out there and helps them make an informed decision about their futures. Scots Brand Logo Guide (PDF) Scots Brand Logo Guide (PDF) Skip To Main Content. It has been a very good thing for me and would definitely recommend people to think about SCOTS in their fourth year.”. The figures speak for themselves in regards to the success of the programme. With the health and safety of student-athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, and athletics staffs as their priority, the Presidents of the USA South Athletic Conference have voted unanimously to postpone all fall sport conference competition until the spring 2021 semester. Maryville College’s Daniel Beckett was named the USA South Athletic Conference Decade Rookie Runner of the Week on Monday afternoon. "The SCOTS course has created opportunities for our young people that were not there before and having opportunities to try out different courses first has helped them make informed decisions. Each year, the USA South Athletic Conference presents its most prestigious awards by honoring one male and one female as the Student-Athletes of the Year, and Maryville College’s Shannon Reagan was named the 2020 USA South Rita Wiggs Woman of the Year.