Bradley Robert Edwards denies murdering three women in Perth's Claremont suburb in the 1990s. One of them was from a former Perth taxi driver who said he avoided Claremont, and preferred to drive in Northbridge because Claremont was “too much trouble”, that people were often very drunk and disorderly. Edwards was not on the list of possible drivers. But she maintained her later statement to police, made in September this year when she mentioned speaking to the driver, was accurate. Ms Jones said when she got out of the van, the man followed her, grabbed her arm and tried to kiss her. Trilby Winsome Smith, 42, testified she and a friend got into a white "electrical van" while hitchhiking in the summer of 1996. “It's time to do the right thing by the family, it's the time to give them some comfort out of all this.”. Next week, the much-anticipated six-hour police interview with Bradley Edwards will be shown to the court. Both Ms Spiers and Ms Rimmer had been drinking at the Ocean Beach Hotel (OBH) in Cottesloe on the nights of their disappearances. The group was sitting in the front bar of the pub and she noticed a Holden Commodore with a Telstra logo on the driver's door circle the hotel twice as she looked out the window. Although she was living in South Perth with her older sister at the time, she had requested to be taken to the nearby suburb of Mosman Park. Out of 18,000 suspects Edwards' name was never raised according to WA's top cop. "I got into the back of it and noticed there was a lot of cables," she said. Hamish Hastie is WAtoday's business reporter. She spoke to police in June 1997 after a friend was picked up by a Telstra vehicle. Multiple women have told the Claremont serial killings trial about a Telstra vehicle circling the area and being mistaken for a taxi around the time of the murders, when police were already investigating the company's drivers. Recounting the incident nearly 30 years later, the woman apologised to the court for sounding garbled, explaining that she still gets "distressed" at having to relive the experience. "It slowed and stopped. Macro Taskforce Detective Senior Sergeant Joe Marrapodi was one of the officers present at Bradley Edwards’ arrest in December 2016, which he described as a “significant day” for police. "If a vehicle was sighted in February 1995, I don't think that it was possible it could have had a Telstra logo.". WA Police Commissioner Chris Dawson speaking to media after the Claremont killer trial verdict.Credit:Hamish Hastie. But when it pulled up, she realised it had a ladder on the roof and Telstra logo on the door. "I said 'no, I didn't need a lift' and they kept going," Ms Clements told the court. "If this is the case, then you should be aware that we only started putting Telstra logos on our vehicles from about July 1995. She said she saw the same car drive past two more times until they eventually found a taxi. One by one, women cast their minds back more than 20 years, to a time they and their friends frequented pubs and clubs in the western suburbs. It was December 1995 and Katrina Jones was "upset" and "angry" after fighting with her boyfriend at a wedding reception at the Albion Hotel. If you have any questions for the Claremont in Conversation podcast team, send them in to, For more information on WA’s trial of the century, head to, Subscribe now: Apple Podcasts | RSS | Spotify, © West Australian Newspapers Limited 2020. "I just said 'what', but there was no response," Ms Johnstone told the court. Your web browser is no longer supported. Claremont victim ‘may have known’ her killer, Lover of Edwards’ wife ‘feels sick’ over killing spree, Justice delivered: The Claremont killings verdict, Edwards’ hospital victim bravely waives anonymity, Neighbours say Edwards always came across as ‘creepy’, How the Claremont killer terrorised Perth for 32 years. "When I sat down, I looked at the dashboard and recognised that it wasn't a taxi," she said. If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your Cookie Settings. It also emerged that WA Police asked Telstra for information about its vehicles in late June 1996 after a witness claimed to have seen a car with the new logo in February 2015.